This website is a place to shine light in the darkness, to explore what it means to come alive– not numbing ourselves to pain, but experiencing it, feeling it, and also then, feeling beauty, happiness and joy. We want to explore all the facets of that, and we want to share on all types of challenges that we face. We are honest and brave in sharing our stories, because we know the truth: that the whole world is waiting for someone else to speak up first and take the leap.
For all submissions, if you haven’t heard from our editorial team within a month, feel free to send your piece elsewhere.
The Charlie Sawyer Project:
This is the place to honor and remember the lives of our children who have gone too soon. We try not to focus on their death but on their life and their impact. Moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers all are welcome to write the story and submit it to thecharliesawyerproject(at)gmail(dot)com.
Scribbles and Crumbs Blog:
We publish kind, honest, moving pieces that explore the different facets of suffering, experiencing pain and grief, and then mending and coming alive. We believe that some of the wisest people are the ones who have suffered much. We also have watched as their stories have been put into corners, not the fault of anyone’s, but because sometimes our stories and suffering are hard for the world to hear. We want to promote the voices of those who have suffered and been refined in the process. We want to share honest pieces that say things that help others put their feelings in to words. We want to share uplifting pieces that pull others from the darkness with simple, kind words. We want to share pieces that speak to the heart and bring out the beauty in others, inspiring and encouraging them to be their truest and richest selves. The common thread that we look for in all accepted submissions is an undertone of hope.
If you think you have a piece on this topic:
- Shoot for pieces that are 400-800 words. A little more, and that’ll be fine.
- At this point, we are only be taking originals (not previously published anywhere online or in print).
- Due to the high volume of submissions, if you haven’t heard from us within a month, feel free to send your piece elsewhere.
- We will edit stories for length and clarity, but if we make any major changes, we’ll make sure we run it all by you before publication.
- Send all stories to scribblesandcrumbs(at)gmail(dot)com with the subject line “Submission.”